Friday, May 8, 2015

Becoming a first time mommy. ♡

On March 31st we welcomed our precious Noah into the world, forever changing our lives. 
These are some things I have learned. 
1. I felt a love that I had never felt before,  an overwhelming feeling of emotions from caring so much it hurts, being scared, anxious, nervous, but most of all love!
2. Breastfeeding is one of the hardest yet most rewarding things I've ever done. No one tells you how painful it can be, so here I am telling you,  but it does get better! Everyone kept telling me it would and trust me, at the time I wasn't so sure of that! It was more painful than my birthing my child completely naturally but it is SO incredibly with it!
3. Your life completely changes, simple things like running to the gas station to get a drink become planned out tasks, feed the baby, change the diaper, get the baby in the carseat, in the car, out of the carseat to go in and get your drink, then back in the carseat, so you decide to just stay home and cuddle your precious baby because that's worth much more. 
4. It is very overwhelming trying to go anywhere, so you decide to just stay at home most of the time until you are officially out of groceries.  
5. I have HORRIBLE anxiety, I avoid getting Noah out of the carseat when we are in public because I have such bad anxiety attacks over what might happen to him because I love and care for him so much it hurts.  
6. It is hard to balance breastfeeding and going places, I feel like a terrible person when someone just gets to start holding Noah and then it's time to feed again. 
7. You will feel so much love for your significant other than you've ever felt before when you see them holding your babe. You may also feel resentment or jealousy at time when you look over during that 3 AM feeding or diaper change and seem them passed out in a deep sleep, I miss sleep but I don't miss not having my baby in my arms. I love that he needs me because at some point he won't need me at 3 AM anymore and I will miss it. 
8. I try so hard to be a good mommy, I'm not perfect by any means and have had my fair share of tears in the past few weeks. All I want is to raise a happy healthy boy into Godly man/husband someday who will still love his momma when that day comes.  
9. The tears, oh the tears,  I cried more in the first few weeks home than I did during my entire pregnancy,  it was rough, but it does get better. 
10. Everyone will have advice for you, some good, some bad, take the bad with a smile and move on. 
11. No matter what anyone tells you, you can not spoil a baby by holding them too much because the time to hold them and snuggle them will soon pass so enjoy it while you can. ♡ 
12. Love them, love them so much that it hurts. ♡♡♡


No comments:

Post a Comment