Saturday, January 24, 2015

How it all began.



The Beginning


It all started in 2008, I remember it so vividly. I had just recently moved back to my small hometown from Pennsylvania, I was a Freshman in high school and in the last quarter of the year. I had second hour painting class and sat next to him along with one of our friends. We had known of each other for years as he'd been best friends with my cousin who lived down the street from me. We got along so well as we both had a sense of humor that messed great, and he was so sweet but I wasn't interested in him more than a friend at the time. 


In May we had spent a lot more time together hanging out with mutual friends, I suddenly started to realize I really had an interest in this guy. We ended up beginning our relationship on May 12, 2008. That day I had no clue where things would go from there. I remember people doubting our relationship so much, even being shocked that we were together in the first place. Something you should know about me is that I had never intended to just date around, I believed that when I started to date someone I wanted it to be because I was interested in them as a potential husband, not something that is usually on a 15 year old's mind, but I was never thinking of things most people my age were. My intentions were good as I wanted to save myself for my future husband and I didn't feel that having several relationships was something that I personally needed. 


On October 5th, 2012 we went out for dinner for my birthday, I had my suspicions that Justin may be proposing soon but didn't know when or where. We got out to the car and he told me he had a question for me and proceeded to hand me an amazingly gorgeous engagement ring, and without question I kissed him and said yes. Wedding preparations began and we wed on April 13, 2013. Most of the day was a blur but I distinctly remember the moment when I walked down the aisle and the man that I had began I relationship with 5 years prior was going to become my husband. The look on his face as it got flush and he held back tears full of emotion. I'm sure a lot was going through his mind in that moment including being scared to death that he was vowing to spend the rest of his life with me. ;) 


April 15 was when our lives really began, the first day we moved in together and began get our house together. Now trust me when I tell you, marriage is not easy and it will test your patience. There are many days when I just want to scream but there are also many days where I just want to hold my husband and thank him for all he does. I was very fortunate and married into an amazing family who loves me and cares for me as they do their boys, not everyone can say the same and it's truly heartbreaking. My in laws have been so supportive of everything in our marriage and be there when we need them. 


Marriage is a struggle at times but when we said "I do" we also said "until death do us part" meaning that through those struggles we will stick together and be each other's shoulder to cry on when needed. There will be days where we really don't like each other, but we love each other. There will be days of piled up laundry, dishes to do, animals to take car of, food to cook, and rooms to clean and I feel so overwhelmed and wonder why he's not helping, but then I look at the fact that we have a beautiful home, food in the fridge to make those dishes dirty, clothes that need to be washed, and animals that need to be taken care of and the fact that he works his butt off to provide for our family. He goes to work in unbearable outdoor conditions and does some very dangerous jobs at times. 


On July 14, 2014 our lives would forever become different, we found out that we would be expecting our first child after a year of trying to conceive. God had given us an incredible gift, the miracle of life. That day I loved my husband more than I ever had, it was a bond I would only share with him. On October 31st, Justin's 23rd birthday we had our first ultrasound and found out that we were expecting a precious baby boy. We were joyed! It is truly an amazing feeling that I get to give such a gift to my husbands family as well, the gift of a first child, a first grandchild, a first great grandchild, a first nephew. What an amazing thing to be able to give. <3 

<3<3<3







<333

No comments:

Post a Comment